EU Settlement Scheme Information Sheet
Citizens of the EU, European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, and their family members who want to stay in the UK beyond 31 December 2020 will usually need to apply to the UK Government’s EU Settlement Scheme.
EU/EEA/Swiss citizens and their family members who have been continuously resident in the UK for five years for any period until the end of 31 December 2020 may apply for settled status. Obtaining settled status will secure rights to live, work, study and access benefits and/or services in the UK. Those who do not have continuous residency of five years will be eligible for pre-settled status. Only one day’s proof of residency in the UK in the last 6 months is needed for pre-settled status.
Further information and assistance can be obtained from:
- Citizens Advice Cymru: provides an information, guidance, and advice service to assist individuals with simple EUSS applications. For free, confidential and impartial advice contact via telephone: 0300 3309 059 or email: [email protected]
- Settled: Settled is a new charity, set up by EU citizens, with the purpose to guide, inform, and assist vulnerable and hard to reach EU citizens with their EUSS application, in order to help them keep their right to live and work in the UK and secure their citizens’ rights following the departure of the UK from the European Union after Brexit. Advisers offer support remotely in numerous languages via phone, email, social media – Facebook forum groups, WhatsApp groups and inform about EUSS via Twitter and Facebook. Settled hosts webinars with EU Consulates and immigration lawyers on Facebook and Zoom Email: [email protected]
- TGP Cymru: provides advice on the EU Settlement Scheme, full application support and accompanies Roma citizens to protect their right to stay in Wales when the UK leaves the European Union. We offer this support free of charge and in home languages across the whole of Wales. In addition to EUSS advice, we offer a wide range of support, working closely with the Roma community. Telephone: 0808 802 0025 or Email [email protected]
- Newfields Law: a specialist immigration law firm based in Cardiff that has qualified legal advisors who are able to assist with all aspects of the EU Settlement Scheme. Newfields provide application support to individuals with cases ranging from straight-forward to the most complex. Telephone: 02921690049 or Email: in[email protected]
- Newport Mind: Newport Mind provides an advice and support service across Wales (in cooperation with partner Mind offices) and supports vulnerable adults with mental health issues, victims of domestic abuse and the elderly to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme. Email: [email protected]